#GivingTuesday2020 is Dec. 1!
Thank you for being a part of our SIFAT Family. You’re probably reading this because you have been part of an international mission team, participated in a campus event, financially supported our ministry or somehow given of yourself to SIFAT. We would not be in our 41st year without you! #GivingTuesday is Dec. 1, and we hope you will find a way to be active in this global day of giving that celebrates generosity and kindness. Embrace the spirit of giving this holiday season.
Three Ways to Participate in #GivingTuesday:
- Share your SIFAT Experience. Everyone needs a smile and encouragement these days. Share one of your favorite SIFAT memories (funny or serious) on social media. Use the hashtag #MySIFATMoment, so we can share them.
- Commit to Pray for SIFAT staff, projects and programs. Help SIFAT by keeping us in your daily prayer time. Your prayers are heard and are such an encouragement.
- Donate to SIFAT. Generous donors created a $60,000 matching fund that will double your donation! Our goal is to raise $125,000. You can donate by check (designate #GivingTuesday) or online (see options below).
Three Options to Donate Online
- Give directly to SIFAT. You will be redirected to our PayPal page, where you can donate with your credit or debit card. A transaction fee will be deducted from your donation.
- Give through the PayPal Giving Fund. You will be redirected to the PayPal Giving Fund, which covers the transaction fee. Donations given through this method can take up to 45 days for us to receive. To designate your gift for #GivingTuesday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give through The Advance (UMC Global Ministries). SIFAT receives 100% of each donation without any transaction fees being taken. Donors can choose to give credit to their local UMC congregation, as well. There is a delay for SIFAT to receive funds and donor information.
If you have questions about how to participate or would like a reminder on Dec. 1, contact Marie at email@example.com.
Did you know?
Matching Funds from your Employer: Many companies will match donations made by employees to nonprofits. Check with your employer to see if a matching fund exists. If you need any paperwork from SIFAT, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARES Act Changes: The IRS has changed deductions for 2020 donations to charities. Even if you do not itemize, individuals may take a charitable deduction of up to $300 for cash contributions. Check with your tax adviser for more information about how these changes can benefit you.
Direct IRA Disbursements: If you are required to take a disbursement from your IRA, you can have it donated directly to SIFAT, tax free! Your donation can be for a percentage of your disbursement or the full amount, but must be sent from your IRA to SIFAT to qualify. For more information, please contact email@example.com.