#GivingTuesday2020 is Dec. 1!
#GivingTuesday is Dec. 1! Make plans now to participate in this global holiday that embraces generosity and kindness. #GivingTuesday starts the giving season, reminding us what this time of year is truly meant to celebrate! While we are experiencing the effects of a worldwide pandemic, generosity can bring everyone together. In this time of uncertainty, there’s a fundamental truth that gives us hope — that together we can do extraordinary things. #GivingTuesday emphasizes opportunities to give back to communities and charities in safe ways that allow for social connection, while practicing physical distancing. We all have gifts to give, and we hope you choose to help our ministry at SIFAT. Together, we can unite as one, so SIFAT will continue Sharing God’s Love in Practical Ways in 2021 and beyond.
#GivingTuesday is a wonderful time to embrace the spirit of giving! This year, our matching fund is $60,000 – double your donation! When you make a donation at any time on December 1, your contribution will double because of the matching fund set up by a generous group of SIFAT donors—up to the first $60,000 that we raise!
Last year, SIFAT supporters raised a record-breaking $186,200 on #GivingTuesday. Earlier this year, our donors raised $90,670 for #GivingTuesdayNow, an immediate response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Help us reach our goal of $125,000 for #GivingTuesday 2020!
Questions? If you have questions about #GivingTuesday or would like a reminder sent to you, please contact Marie Lanier, email@example.com.
Three Ways to Participate in #GivingTuesday:
- Share your SIFAT Experience. Everyone needs a smile and encouragement these days. Share one of your favorite SIFAT memories (funny or serious) on social media. Use the hashtag #MySIFATMoment, so we can share them.
- Commit to Pray for SIFAT staff, projects and programs. Help SIFAT by keeping us in your daily prayer time. Your prayers are heard and are such an encouragement.
- Donate to SIFAT. Generous donors created a $60,000 matching fund that will double your donation! Our goal is to raise $125,000. You can donate by check (designate #GivingTuesday) or online (see options below).
Three Options to Donate Online
- Give directly to SIFAT. You will be redirected to our PayPal page, where you can donate with your credit or debit card. A transaction fee will be deducted from your donation.
- Give through the PayPal Giving Fund. You will be redirected to the PayPal Giving Fund, which covers the transaction fee. Donations given through this method can take up to 45 days for us to receive. To designate your gift for #GivingTuesday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give through The Advance (UMC Global Ministries). SIFAT receives 100% of each donation without any transaction fees being taken. Donors can choose to give credit to their local UMC congregation, as well. There is a delay for SIFAT to receive funds and donor information.
If you have questions about how to participate or would like a reminder on Dec. 1, contact Marie at email@example.com.
Did you know?
Matching Funds from your Employer: Many companies will match donations made by employees to nonprofits. Check with your employer to see if a matching fund exists. If you need any paperwork from SIFAT, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARES Act Changes: The IRS has changed deductions for 2020 donations to charities. Even if you do not itemize, individuals may take a charitable deduction of up to $300 for cash contributions. Check with your tax adviser for more information about how these changes can benefit you.
Direct IRA Disbursements: If you are required to take a disbursement from your IRA, you can have it donated directly to SIFAT, tax free! Your donation can be for a percentage of your disbursement or the full amount, but must be sent from your IRA to SIFAT to qualify. For more information, please contact email@example.com.