Team Leader Information
SIFAT is following the CDC, the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Department of State and local authorities to make decisions regarding the 2019 coronavirus (COVID-19). In March, two of our teams postponed their trips until later this year. Our major concern is the health and safety not only for our team members who must travel through airports and large crowds to reach their destinations, but also for the communities in which we serve. We do not want to expose vulnerable villages or neighborhoods to this virus through accidental transmission from our visiting teams. Our international coordinator will be working with each team leader to make the best decision for that team’s trip.
To read SIFAT’s full statement about our proactive approach to keep potential exposure to the virus minimal for everyone involved with SIFAT, please click here.
We want to help make it as easy as possible for you to plan a meaningful mission trip for your group.
SIFAT serves in many countries on approved projects of our SIFAT graduates and always at the invitation of these graduates. We call this short term teams for long term development. Usually churches, college ministry or university groups take teams with a minimum of 12, and preferably 15-20 team members, for 8-12 days to work on these projects. SIFAT provides turn-key service, including airline reservations, for our teams.
How to Schedule a Team
Here’s how to schedule and plan your SIFAT short term mission trip.
- Explore the SIFAT website to find out what mission opportunities are available, and prayerfully decide in which country and on what project you would like to serve. Please also see our short-term mission brochures to consider which trip you would like to join SIFAT on:
- Contact our International Team Coordinator, Peggy Walker, at email@example.com, to check on the availability of dates for your team.
- The International Team Coordinator will temporarily reserve your dates. These dates will be confirmed as soon as a nonrefundable $200 deposit is received in the SIFAT office. This deposit is nonrefundable in accordance with IRS laws for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
- You will receive a confirmation letter and packet with the date of Team Leader Training and due dates for payments, forms and team member rosters as they are available.
- SIFAT will provide airline reservations for your team unless otherwise requested by team leader.
- A $100 nonrefundable deposit per person is due within one month of initial team deposit.
SIFAT training manuals will be provided for each member of your team. These manuals will help you walk your team through each preparation phase of your trip.
SIFAT may add additional individual team members to existing teams and will coordinate with team leaders in this effort.
All team members over the age of 18 are required to have a background check completed before being eligible for an international trip with SIFAT. This check will be run by SIFAT. A consent form is listed under forms for team members. These forms must be signed by each team member and returned as a group to SIFAT’s International Coordinator by mail: 2944 County Road 113 Lineville, AL 36266.
Both team members’ forms and team leader forms (forms found below) must be submitted to the International Team Coordinator at least two months before your scheduled departure. These forms are required for your travel insurance and in-country preparations.
Team leaders will want to keep a copy with them while traveling, especially the insurance ID roster and parental consent forms. Airlines have the right to ask for this form and boarding can be denied if the form cannot be produced. A copy of each team member’s passport must be included with these forms when sent to SIFAT and a copy kept with the team leader.
Forms for team members:
Background Check Consent Form (for those over the age of 18)
Parental Consent Form (team members under 18 – must be signed by both parents and notarized)
Copy of passport photo page
** REMEMBER, all passports must have at least 6 months from the expiration date of your passport to the return date of your trip to be valid to travel internationally. If your passport is set to expire within this time, you will have problems at the airport and will not be allowed on the plane. **
For Team Leaders only:
How to Make a Payment:
Please confirm your payment amount with the International Team Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, before making a payment. For your payment to be credited correctly, you must include the team name and team number.
1) SIFAT prefers payments be made by check. Mail your check to 2944 County Road 113, Lineville, AL 36266. Please make sure all checks are received before your due dates. Due dates will be provided for each payment. Remember, mail can take extra time to reach our office.
2) For online payments, an additional 3 percent is charged to cover processing fees.
Emergency Contact Information/FAQ
For more information or to see commonly asked questions, please visit our FAQs page.